The Sufferfest: Downloadable cycling workout videos.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Spring/Summer in full effect and loving it!

Hello Summer!

After the huge update last week, this entry will seem so small!

With Memorial Day being this past Monday, I took full advantage of having the extra day to get in a long ride. It was also a great time to test the proposed wattage I'll be doing on the bike and have nearly the same amount of elevation gain in 60 miles as I will have at IMLP. I was slightly under what I had wanted, but it was a descent indicator to what I can do without having any fatigue in the legs.

Wednesday was the big raffle for the 910xt! Trying to raise money for cancer as part of Team MMRF, we were able to raise nearly $2,000 in two weeks from the watch. A big shout out and THANK YOU to all of you who donated for the watch! Congratulations to Craig Hannah for winning the watch!

I also got in my first open water swim this year at Spring Lake. Talk about a clear and clean lake! No lake weeds, algae, etc. It is a lake where you can see your entire hand from enter and pull. Pure bliss!


Lastly, because Monday was a holiday, I was able to sneak in two long rides for the week. The 60 miler and 90 miler to Naragansett. This place is pretty awesome...right on the ocean. Well awesome for viewing and then the wind hits you on the bike...so that part was a little brutal. Definately will be a place I take the family to enjoy a beach and some fun summer touristy stuff! Only 159 normalized power too, felt great after!

Judith Point Lighthouse
A castle?!

Ride Summary

1. The ride to Naragansett for sure. It was a long ride and it was along the ocean, beach, and great weather. The total power output was lower than I had initially wanted, but it was a solid workout none the less. Couldn't beat the views and knowing what my body can handle while feeling rested off the bike.

What the future holds?

I have 8 weeks until Ironman Lake Placid. With reaching my fundraising goal, I can now really focus on training. Out of that 8 weeks, I have about 6 weeks left of solid workouts. My wife will be gone for a week long conference this upcoming week so I'll be focused on the bike. Once she's back, I'll switch it to the run and open water swimming. My opener is in about 3 weeks, the OhMy Goddard Olympic Triathlon so that will be a nice way to get the cobwebs off since IMWI in September. 

Thanks for being a part of my journey and hope you enjoyed! Until next time, adios!

5/26-6/1
Total: 227 Miles / 14 hours 55 minutes
Swim: 3500 yards / 2.0 miles / 1 hours 40 minutes
Bike: 200 miles  / 10 hours 15 minutes
Run: 25 miles / 3 hours 00 minutes
Core: 0 hours 00 minutes 

No comments:

Post a Comment