The Sufferfest: Downloadable cycling workout videos.

Monday, December 2, 2013

11/25 - 12/1 Training Log and Update: Ironman for a cause

The week of being thankful, being with family, and of course crazy shopping! With all of this, I managed to hit my targets as wanted... I will have to say - a very successful week!
Noah enjoying the new tree!

When Lisa and I had moved out to Rhode Island from Illinois, we weren't sure what we were going to do for Thanksgiving. Thankfully, we have some family who lives about 2 hours from us! Noah had two cousins to play with (he was bonked on the ride home!) and the food was GREAT! Talk about holiday feasting. A special thanks to my Aunt Michelle and Uncle Mark for letting us into your home and the left overs!

My wife, son and I went to a tree farm and picked out Lisa's first real tree! After the hour drive, two hours of picking out the perfect one, we had it. Once Noah helped me carry it back to the car, it was time to decorate it after the drive home!

As for training, it is still base work. With 236 days left from this entry, I still have time. With the holiday this past week and spending time with family, I didn't get the schedule done. Now that it is back to "normal", considering the holiday season is still here, I will have some time to get it together. As I write this, my initial thought is 4 week blocks with each block focusing on a discipline. But that all can change pretty quickly once I sit down and start it.

Doesn't compare to the Rock River, but it sure is nice!

I've also added a link to my Active.com fundraising page for Ironman Lake Placid. Additionally I've also added a link to the IRS page for "Tips and Tricks" on donating to a non-profit organization. Please take a look and help with my goal for the MMRF!




Workout of the week: 3 hour 40 minute ride equating to 72 miles on the trainer. It incorporated two Sufferfest videos, Lindt Chocolates, chips, and a fair share of water!


Total: 150 Miles / 8 hours 46 minutes
Swim: 0 yards / 0 miles / 0 hours 00 minutes
Bike: 137 miles (Indoor trainer miles) / 6 hours 25minutes
Run: 13 miles / 1 hours 21 minutes
Core:  1 hours 00 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment