The Sufferfest: Downloadable cycling workout videos.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

12/2 - 12/8 Training Log and Update: Ironman for a cause

After a 2 hour sprint workout!
This week started great! (take note of the "started") I got in a solid three hours of riding early on in the week to set myself up for my first speed workout for running (still no pool access, however that could be changing soon!), then after my 6 miler, bam! The dreadful winter sickness hit (most likely from the big jump from one week to another).

Considering we are not at Christmas yet, I decided to take Saturday and Sunday off as a precaution to the cold. In addition, depending on how I feel, I'll most likely take Monday and Tuesday off as well. I'll have two short weeks but it will be better than recovering for three.

So with me being sick, I decided to establish my training plan during what would be my workout time. I spoke to a few individuals, read up on some training, and decided to essentially train for an Olympic Distance tri and the last 12 weeks up to Ironman Lake Placid to bring it up to full gear for it. I feel it will benefit in numerous ways: 1. I'll be able to spend more time with family, 2. I'll be much more competitive in the shorter distance tri's/ road races, 3. Low burnout factor, 4. I'll be able to spend more time with family!

Prior to my IMLP (January thru part of May), it will consist something like this and will start the week of  16th (during each week I'll go more into detail):
Weeks 1 and 2: Swim: 3-4 hours, Bike: 5-7 hours, Run: 2-4 hours
Weeks 3 and 4: Swim: 5-6 hours, Bike: 9-10 hours, Run: 6-7 hours
Weeks 5: Rest week Swim: 2-3 hours, Bike: 3-5 hours, Run: 2-3 hours

Though the hours are there, it could change (and probably will, life happens!).

My IMLP training will then start on May 28th, 2014 and will consist something like this:
Weeks 1 and 2: Swim: 3-5 hours, Bike: 5-7 hours, Run: 3-4 hours
Weeks 3 and 4: Swim: 3-5 hours, Bike: 7-8 hours, Run: 5-6 hours
Weeks 5: Rest week Swim: 3 hours, Bike: 5 hours, Run: 3 hours
Weeks 6: Swim: 5-6 hours, Bike: 9 hours, Run: 6-7 hours
Weeks 7: Swim: 6-7 hours, Bike: 11 hours, Run: 7 hours
Weeks 8 and 9: Swim: 7-8 hours, Bike: 15 hours, Run: 8-9 hours
Weeks 10: Swim: 4-5 hours, Bike: 5-6 hours, Run: 4-5 hours
Weeks 11 and 12: Swim: 1 hours, Bike: 1-2 hours, Run: 1-2 hours

Again, though the hours are there, it could change (and probably will, life happens!).

In terms of the fundraising front, look for something special coming the new year! I'm researching on items you could buy and the money raised will go into the MMRF fund.

If you are looking for any end of the year tax breaks, look at me too! I'll gladly accept your donations and put it towards the pot of donations. In addition, if you are looking to send a check, please email me and I'll give you all the details!

I'm also still waiting on the MMRF to get back to me about the individual I'll be "sponsoring" or racing for outside of my family. Once I hear back from them, I'll update everyone!

Workout of the week: 2 hour sprint workout on the bike. After a warm up, I did 16 x 1 min on 1 min off + 12x:05/:30, 10x:10/:60, 8x:15/:90. The sprints consisted of RPMs of 100-110 with an effort of 10/10. Recoveries were 3-4/10 with 90 RPMs. It's funny how a minute can feel so different depending on the effort that is being put in!

Total: 87 Miles / 4 hours 45 minutes
Swim: 0 yards / 0 miles / 0 hours 00 minutes
Bike: 81 miles (Indoor trainer miles) / 4 hours 05 minutes
Run: 6 miles / 0 hours 40 minutes
Core:  0 hours 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment