The Sufferfest: Downloadable cycling workout videos.

Monday, December 23, 2013

12/9 - 12/22 Training Log and Update: Ironman for a cause

12/9 - 12/15

After finally recovering from my cold/sickness, I finally got back on track to where I somewhat want to be training wise. I knew the upcoming holiday season was going to be tough to really hammer out anything great until I get some base work in again - no need to push myself while I am recovering!


This week I was recovering - missed a total of 5 days. But, wanted to play it safer than sorry. There really isn't much to report on so I thought I'd combine it with this update.

Total: 77 Miles / 3 hours 45 minutes
Swim: 0 yards / 0 miles / 0 hours 00 minutes
Bike: 77 miles (Indoor trainer miles) / 4 hours 05 minutes
Run: 0 miles / 0 hours 00 minutes
Core: 0 hours 30 minutes
12/16 - 12/22

As I look at my training, and well probably don't need to look - I need to start swimming and running more. But I'm in no rush I guess - it is only December. I'm not too worried about swimming since last Ironman I started to seriously start swimming in February.

I am a huge fan of the Sufferfest videos and would recommend them to anyone who is looking to seriously kick butt in the bike. Since I've started training this winter, I've been using them for every ride. Now with the entire arsenol, I'm pretty pumped to attempt all of them and so thats what I was doing this week - looking at the variety. With that, I was able to increase my biking milleage by 30 miles alone!

With Sufferfest, they have a Knighthood where the person will ride 10 straight videos. These videos range from 45 minutes to over 2 hours in length. If done correctly, they are like racing a 10k road race. At times you don't know how much more you can give! In between each video you are only allowed a 10 minute break. This means that the person would be on the bike for atleast 10 hours with 1:40 minutes worth of "rest"; basically being a 12 hour day on the saddle.

I will be attempting to do this on February 22nd, 2014 for the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation to raise money to help find a cure to this cancer. My wife will be here to help with nutrition/fluids/blog updating and my son wondering what the heck I'm doing on the bike for so long! I'll update more about this later this week!

Outside of training, my wife and I attempted a 72 hour potty training attempt with our 2 1/2 year old. The patience needed is astronomical. We threw all of the diapers away and went cold turkey. Day 1 was horrid - the kid had no idea what was going on and wasn't grasping the idea to go in the potty. Day 2 - wahoo! He started getting it and would run to us if needed. Day 3 - telling us and running to the bathroom. If you have a child that needs to be potty trained, seriously try The Three Day Potty Training.

Workout of the week: Hell Hath No Fury (Sufferfest video). This seriously kicked my butt and included 2x20 minute intervals that are unrellentluss. Between the "hills", flats, sprints, and tempo mixture it was a great workout. I weighed myself after and lost 3 pounds!



Merry Christmas to everyone out there and enjoy your family and friends!

Total: 123.5 Miles / 6  hours 45 minutes
Swim: 0 yards / 0 miles / 0 hours 00 minutes
Bike: 113.5 miles (Indoor trainer miles) / 5 hours 35 minutes
Run: 10 miles / 1 hours 10 minutes
Core: 0 hours 30 minutes


 

No comments:

Post a Comment